It is that time again. The holiday season. Christmas movies and books are lining the shelves in all the stores and in a little under three weeks, shoppers will flock to every store imaginable for that perfect present at the perfect price. In order to avoid the stores, especially the ones that have decided to open on Thanksgiving Day and keep their employees from having dinner with their families, I have put together a list of items for the book lover in your family.
1. This romance novel trinket case from Etsy. There is only one available, so get it while it lasts. However, the person who made it has a form where you can request a custom object, so even if this is gone, there is still some hope.
2. A Lost in Austen Bookmark. Now, I’m not a big fan of Jane Austen, having never made it past page two in Pride and Prejudice, but I know her fans are legion. This is the perfect stocking stuffer (or Chanukah present) for the Austen obsessed.
3. Know anyone with an obsession over sparkly vampires? Here’s a slightly expensive, but really cool (even to this Harry Potter fan) Twilight handbag. It is listed at $65, but it will be worth the price to see the look in that special person’s eyes when she opens this up. (There also appears to be versions of this bag for Harry Potter and Jane Austen as well.)
4. Gothic Romance Pocket Mirror. According to the site, all mirrors are custom made out of vintage books and magazines. This one is listed as $6.00, so it is the perfect price for one of those elusive stocking stuffers.
5. Dark Romances Book Locket. These are really cute and according to the site, they fit two small pictures or quotes on the inside.
6. Romance Novel Pendant Necklace. This is actually really cute and I’m thinking about getting one for myself.
7. Jane Austen Locket. Yes, another Austen item, but will all of her fans, I figure it couldn’t hurt to include a second item.
8. Outlander Necklace. Anyone who has read my blog in the past knows that I have issues with this series and the viability of Claire and Jamie as hero/heroine material, but with the number of rabid fans of both the books and now the television series, I’m fairly surprised that there aren’t more Outlander inspired items. This one is really cool looking and would be the perfect item for the Gabaldon fan in your life.
9. Writer Tote Bag. This isn’t particularly for romance readers, but is for that prolific writer in your life. (Btw, as a writer, the message on the front is very true.)
10. A Personalized Romance Novel. Yournovel.com will customize your own personal romance novel. Choose a theme, input specific details (names, occupations, eye color, etc.), and place your order. Prices range from $49.95 to $119.95.